Congratulations! You have just been called for your third and final interview for a position as the food and beverage manager for the Ocean Beach Café. You have been asked to prepare a report for this interview in which you will address several items that are critical to your success and, more importantly, to the success of the Ocean Beach Café. In your paper:
- Identify who you would involve in this process and explain why.
- Identify the type of budget you will use and explain how this will be helpful in your new job.
- Describe how this report can be used to discipline your managers.
- Indicate how you would calculate labor cost and describe what you can do to control labor cost.
- Explain how to address food cost.
- Identify internal controls that you can use to minimize your losses of food and beverages.
- Identify how inventories will be conducted and explain why this is important to your food and beverage cost.
- Explain how the new menu relates to profitability.
- Describe what cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis and break-even analysis are and determine how these should be used in making decisions regarding the menu.
- Distinguish the difference between price and value and describe management’s responsibilities with regard to each.
Writing the Final PaperThe Final Paper:
- Must be at least eight double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must include references and citations from the text and at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment