Children growing up in these unstable families often adapt by taking on unhealthy roles. These roles each have distinct traits and are taken on for one reason only—to survive the dysfunctional family dynamics. These roles do nothing to help the child, the addicted parent, or other family members. If the situation does not change, these children may carry these roles into their adult lives and perpetuate similar addiction-related problems in their own families.
For this Assignment, you examine unhealthy family roles. You explore how these roles might impact addiction recovery.
In a 2-page APA-formatted paper, address the following:
- Describe any unhealthy family roles exhibited by Marge’s husband in the media.
- Explain what roles her children have assumed when dealing with Marge’s addiction.
- Select one of these unhealthy family roles.
- Explain how this role could impact Marge and her family.
- As an addictions professional, explain how you might address this unhealthy family role. Provide two resources that would be useful