PART I: Short Response Questions
Directions: Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following questions. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments, if possible. Your answer to each question should be at least 100 words in length and utilize APA guidelines.
1. Discuss where a computer stores its basic hardware settings, why it does so, and what some of those settings are.
2. Compare storage devices using four criteria: versatility, durability, speed, and capacity.
3. Please explain the differences between RAM and ROM. Where are RAM chips usually configured? Why are RAM chips considered to be volatile?
4. Define storage mediums and storage devices. How are these different from one another? Provide at least three examples of both and elaborate on the purpose of each.
5. Have you ever experienced the blue screen of death (BSoD)? If so, please describe what happened and how you were able to fix the issue that caused the BSoD. If you have not yet experienced the BSoD, please explain in detail what this term means and provide suggestions about how to solve the problem.
PART III: Essay
Directions: In a paper of at least 2 to 3 pages in length, please respond to the following questions. Please be sure to utilize APA guidelines.
1. What factors affect storage speed?
2. What features should you look for in a printer? Describe at least four in detail.