A 1-2-page proposal for the final paper that outlines and describes your chosen two policies (the original and reintroduction). The purpose of the proposal is to help prepare and guide you in your research. Once submitted, I will review each student’s topic and make sure you are on the right track before investing time and effort on the final research paper. This means I will review and approve each of the research topics and have them ready for you in class the following week.
The proposal should include the following information:
- What public policy have you selected?
- What is the initial policy?
- What is the revision, amendment or change in policy?
- Why have you chosen the policy?
- Provide a very brief background and introduction to the policy area
- Finally, explain the methods you will use for your final paper such as the kinds of research you will conduct whether it will be library research, interviews, site visits, etc.